Temporary Workers and Employees
You will be thoroughly interviewed by an experienced consultant, and if successful, undergo an in depth take-on briefing to explain your duties and responsibilities whilst working at one of our Client's sites.
You will receive a written copy of the take-on briefing which covers the following points.
- Your Consultant's name and branch telephone number
- Your responsibility relating to Duties, Conduct at work and Communication with Branch regarding availability and attendance
- Health & Safety at Work
- Damage to Goods or Equipment reporting policy
- Working Time Regulations
- Timesheet procedure
- Payment details
- Rates of Pay and Overtime premiums
- Tax information and Tax office details
- Reference to your Contract with The Best Connection
- Data Protection Act
Some of our clients specify that we supply people who are engaged under a contract of employment which complies with Regulation 10 of the Agency Workers Regulations.
The contracts are normally issued by post between 7 and 12 weeks after the start of the assignment.
The contract offers the following benefits:
- permanent contract of employment
- up to 4 weeks’ pay between assignments if we cannot offer suitable work
- entitlement to a formal disciplinary process and grievance hearings
- limitations on the maximum and minimum number of hours per week
Additional information concerning the terms and contents of the Contract of Employment can be found in the following documents: