Why the Best Connection
Our Clients approach The Best Connection because we are trusted specialists in what we do. And, after 26 years' of operation and expansion, we are now the UK’s leading supplier of staff to the industrial, driving, retail and warehouse & distribution markets.
So, let’s take a look at the reasons why you are in safe hands.
Firstly, we can deliver the staffing flexibility you need to meet your requirements – even at short notice – and we assign an experienced consultant to oversee the relationship. We make sure your needs are met and if you happen to identify individuals who you would like to offer a permanent position to – we don’t charge you! And when it comes to the confidence to work with us, we have the quality measures of ISO 9001:2000 in place and a long list of household brands to refer to.
What’s more, we offer Fidelity Bonding, Drivers' Negligence and Professional Indemnity insurance and are Members of REC, FTA and holders of a Gangmaster Licence.
By the time a temporary worker starts work for you, they have already undergone a series of interviews and briefings so that their duties and responsibilities are fully outlined and understood. These comprise important processes and details such as consultant’s contact details, conduct at work and communicating with the branch, reporting damaged goods, health & safety, timesheet procedure, working time regulations and payment details.
Equipped with this knowledge from day one helps to develop a fast and productive relationship.
Being treated well and with equality – regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status or disability - is very important to us. We make sure these principles are upheld in our business processes and adhered to by our employees. Job promotion is based on performance and ability so everyone has an equal chance to progress.
The Best Connection is a member of REC and abides by its code of practice which is approved by the Equal Opportunities Commission. Recruitment processes are stringently monitored by the business to ensure that discrimination does not occur.
Click here to view REC Members Code of Good Recruitment Practice
Terms of Business
All business is transacted under our standard terms of business. These are confirmed in writing to clients prior to the supply of any temporary worker as detailed in our Terms of Business for Temporary Staff and Terms of Business for Permanent Staff.
Our recruitment and selection process is fair and thorough.
We need to ascertain that temporary staff have the right skills and background necessary to carry out the job role assigned - so we set some tests. These may include reading, writing, number skills and practical hands-on tasks. We may also request references and undertake Police checks if necessary.
We want our clients to be assured that our recruitment process is professional and fair. To confirm our commitment to this, we are quality approved (ISO 9001:2008) and abide by legislation and code of practice.
Paperwork is also kept to a minimum but we do need to keep relevant records which may include, temporary employee’s work eligibility, agreements, test results, qualifications, certificates and licences they may hold and employer references.
Interviews are held by consultants at our local offices, overseen by the Branch Manager. Successful applicants are given an induction.
These are some of the temporary job roles you may have a requirement for:
|Assemblers||Braziers||Electrical Assemblers||Electrical Fitters|
|Electricians||Fettlers||Labourers||Machine & Press Operators|
|Machine Tool Fitters||Mechanical Fitters||Panel Wirers||PCB Assemblers|
|Powder Coaters||Pipefitters/Plumbers||Production Operatives||Polishers|
|'A' Frames||ADR Drivers||Box Vehicles||Crane|
|Curtain Siders||Demountables||Draw-Bar||HGV (All Classes)|
Warehouse & Distribution
|Cleaners||Counter Balance||Driver's Mates||Exhibition Workers Export|
|Packers||FLT Drivers (cert)||General Labourers||Loaders|
|Order Pickers||Packers||Reach Truck||Stock Controllers|
|Traffic Controllers||VDU Operators||Warehouse Operatives||Warehouse Supervisors|
Terms of Engagement
We have a contract for services (not employment) with all temporary employees. Under the contract The Best Connection will pay an agreed hourly rate to the temporary worker for all authenticated timesheets submitted and be responsible for the deduction of NI, PAYE and other deductions. The contract also explains working time regulations relating to paid annual leave, rest periods and working hours and rules of acceptance of any assignment. These include:
- The temporary worker must co-operate with the client's staff and accept the direction, supervision and instruction of any responsible person in the client's organisation
- Rules and regulations relating to the client's workplace must be obeyed
- Unless prior arrangements are agreed, temporary workers must conform to the client’s normal hours of work
- The temporary worker must take all reasonable steps to safeguard their own safety and the safety of any other person who may be present or affected by their actions on the assignment and comply with the health & safety policy of the client
- They must NOT engage in any conduct detrimental to the interests of the client
Should a reference be taken, the following information is requested:
- Period of employment
- General appearance
- Standard of work
- Type of work undertaken
- Special equipment or machinery used
- Attitude to work
- Reason for leaving employment
- Other relevant information
Covers damage to the vehicle driven by our driver - restricted to licence categories C + E and C - standard cover is £5,000 per incident. Available upon request.
Provides cover for loss as a result of dishonest acts - only invoked when individual(s) are successfully charged - limited to £250,000 per incident. Available upon request.
Public and Employer's Liability
Standard combined insurance required by law is maintained for Employer's Liability at £10,000,000 and Public Liability at £10,000,000 - this covers injury to employees, temporary workers or visitors to The Best Connection's premises. Similar policies are required by law for our client companies and these cover our temporary workers whilst on a client’s premises.
Standard PI cover is carried for £5,000,000 - this provides indemnity cover where The Best Connection is deemed in law to be in breach of Professional Duty of Care.
Health & Safety
Safety is our number one priority. This is how seriously we take it:
- We provide a safe and healthy work environment for our full-time staff. We assess any risks associated with our premises and working practices and act to minimise those risks
- We minimise the risks to our temporary workers whilst working on assignments. We assess our client’s management of health & safety along with information provided by the client and take the appropriate action
- We encourage our full-time staff and temporary workers to use safe working practices and to inform management of health & safety issues
- We comply with the statutes and regulations relating to health & safety at work. We allocate resources to identify and interpret the relevant regulations. Our procedures are then revised as required
- We continually improve our management of health & safety. We use the results of audits and measurement, together with reports from our employees and clients, to identify areas where we need to improve
Annual Risk Assessment audit and report findings - Risk Assessment revised in light of hazards - Staff induction and access to helpdesk
- We accept joint responsibility with our clients
- Client audits and questionnaires undertaken
- Client induction processes negotiated
- Health assessment assists job placements