Why the Best Connection
People come to The Best Connection because we are trusted specialists in what we do. And, after 26 years' of operation and expansion, we are now the UK’s leading supplier of staff to the industrial, driving, retail and warehouse & distribution sectors. So, let’s take a look at some more reasons why you’re in safe hands.
Well, there are the 12,100 clients we service. Just consider the variety and choice of work placements open to you. That includes the days and times you prefer and the length of contract you are happy with. You can experience many roles and activities before committing to a full time job that you know you’ll like.
Then there are the skills you’ll develop along the way and the references you can gain to help your career in the future. And if you are keen on working in a new location, we have 80+ branches that can cater for this too. Nothing’s too much trouble.
Now let’s consider who will be supporting you. As well as the highly trained consultants that gain a thorough understanding of your needs, you have a quality company, ISO 9001:2008 certificated that pays top rates – often with bonuses – overtime at premium rates and paid holidays. And that’s straight into your bank account each week giving you complete peace of mind.
As a Temporary worker with The Best Connection, you might ask what the experience is really like.
As you might expect, to begin with we need to get to know you and you need to understand how we work. We talk about your experience and requirements and, should you join the business, you receive an in-depth briefing to explain your duties and responsibilities whilst working at one of our client's sites. Preparation is all important.
Our ‘take-on’ briefing document has all the information you need for getting started and includes important details covering who to contact, your responsibilities and important procedures such as your contract of employment, timesheet process, getting paid and rates of pay, health & safety, reporting damaged goods, working time regulations and data protection. We make sure you are told everything you need to know for you work placement.
There’s a lot to consider but we have it all covered for you. Take a look at our Temporary Workers and Employees page for further details.
Personal Accident Insurance
Now let’s talk about insurance. We take personal safety very seriously and make sure that our employees are well prepared for work placements. Inductions are carried out and any related training undertaken. As a result, accidents are rare but do happen from time to time and this can lead to long-term unemployment. So, what have we done about it?
We have introduced our own Personal Accident insurance scheme that offers wage protection. The scheme has been arranged through Jobson James Insurance brokers, our appointed FSA regulated representatives. We think it’s a good deal so it’s worth considering for that all important peace of mind.
If you would like to learn more, take a look at our Personal Accident Insurance section.
Being treated well and with equality – regardless of your colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status or disability - is very important to us. We make sure these principles are upheld in our business processes and adhered to by our employees. Job promotion is based on performance and ability so everyone has an equal chance to progress.
The Best Connection is a member of the REC and abides by its code of practice which is approved by the Equal Opportunities Commission. Recruitment processes are stringently monitored by the business to ensure that discrimination does not occur.
Click here to view REC Members Code of Good Recruitment Practice
Terms of Business with Our Clients
During your take-on briefing you will learn what responsibilities are expected of you when you are working at any of The Best Connection’s clients’ sites.
We have a contract with all of our clients which gives them responsibility for your health and safety and welfare during your employment period. This includes maintaining adequate Employer's and Public Liability insurance cover.
You will have a responsibility to co-operate with the client's staff and accept the direction, supervision and instruction of any responsible person in the client's organisation and to abide by the client’s rules and regulations.
Our recruitment and selection process is fair and thorough.
We need to understand that you have the right skills and background necessary to carry out the job role that you would be assigned to so we set some tests for you. These may include reading, writing, number skills and working with your hands. We may also request references and undertake Police checks if necessary.
We want you to be assured that our recruitment process is professional and fair. To confirm our commitment to this, we are quality approved (ISO 9001:2008) and abide by legislation and code of practice.
Paperwork is also kept to a minimum but we do need to keep relevant records which may include work eligibility, agreements, your test results, qualifications, certificates and licences you may hold and employer references.
Interviews are held by consultants at our local offices and overseen by the Branch Manager. Successful applicants are given an induction.
These are some of the temporary job roles you might be interested in:
|Assemblers||Braziers||Electrical Assemblers||Electrical Fitters|
|Electricians||Fettlers||Labourers||Machine & Press Operators|
|Machine Tool Fitters||Mechanical Fitters||Panel Wirers||PCB Assemblers|
|Powder Coaters||Pipefitters/Plumbers||Production Operatives||Polishers|
|'A' Frames||ADR Drivers||Box Vehicles||Crane|
|Curtain Siders||Demountables||Draw-Bar||HGV (All Classes)|
Warehouse & Distribution
|Cleaners||Counter Balance||Driver's Mates||Exhibition Workers Export|
|Packers||FLT Drivers (cert||General Labourers||Loaders|
|Order Pickers||Packers||Reach Truck||Stock Controllers|
|Traffic Controllers||VDU Operators||Warehouse Operatives||Warehouse Supervisors|
Terms of Engagement with our temporary employees
We have a contract for services (not employment) with all temporary employees. If you are a temporary employee please refer to ‘Temporary Employee’ section of the website.
Under the contract The Best Connection will pay an agreed hourly rate to the temporary worker for all authenticated timesheets submitted and be responsible for the deduction of NI, PAYE and other deductions. The contract also explains working time regulations relating to paid annual leave, rest periods and working hours and rules of acceptance of any assignment. These include:
- The temporary worker must co-operate with the client's staff and accept the direction, supervision and instruction of any responsible person in the client's organisation
- Rules and regulations relating to the client's workplace must be obeyed
- Unless prior arrangements are agreed, you must conform to the clients' normal hours of work
- The temporary worker must take all reasonable steps to safeguard their own safety and the safety of any other person who may be present or affected by their actions on the assignment and comply with the health and safety policy of the client
- They must NOT engage in any conduct detrimental to the interests of the client
Should we need a reference, the following information is requested:
We hold the following insurance cover:
- Public Liability insurance £5M
- Employer’s Liability insurance £10M
- Client companies are legally obliged to offer similar policies
Health & Safety
Your safety is our number one priority. We:
- provide a safe and healthy work environment for our full-time staff. We assess the risks associated with our premises and working practices and then take action to minimise those risks
- minimise the risks to our temporary workers whilst working on assignments. We assess our clients' management of health and safety, together with information provided by the clients and then take the appropriate action
- encourage our full time staff and temporary workers to use safe working practices and to inform management of health and safety issues
- comply with the statutes and regulations relating to health and safety at work. We allocate resources to identify and interpret the relevant regulations. Our procedures are then revised as required
- comply with OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Our health and safety management systems are subject to audit
- continually improve our management of health and safety. We use the results of audits and measurement, together with reports from our employees and clients, to identify areas where we need to improve
- Annual Risk Assessment audit and report findings
- Risk Assessment revised in light of hazards
- Staff induction and access to help-desk
- We accept joint responsibility with our clients
- Client audits and questionnaires undertaken
- Client induction processes negotiated
- Health assessment assists job placements