Job Reference: BU17102020
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Warehouse Operatives-Burton on Trent
Our client is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges.
40 hours per week (30 min unpaid lunch daily)
Shifts from 06:00 – 14:30 & 14:00 – 22:30 rotating weekly. There is a fixed night shift of 22:00 – 06:30. Hours worked between 20:00 – 06:00 attract an additional shift allowance.
Contribute to the smooth and efficient operational activities
Handling and picking of stock orders within the warehouse to meet and exceed customer expectations (involves some heavy lifting)
Skills & Experience
- You will be able to work in a fast paced and demanding warehouse environment.
- Friendly and helpful, keen to contribute and add value to the site.
- Motivated, committed with high personal standards.
- Ability to meet targets within set timescales
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written information.
- Naturally curious, willing to learn and develop
- You will have a flexible approach to work.
- You will have experience of working within a team and be a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Effective organisational, time management and problem solving skills
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse environment is desirable but full training will be given to the right candidates.
- MHE Licence is also desirable.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Overtime Available
- Shift Premiums