Job Reference: B1UPH2107
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Proven practical skills or on completion of a Skills Test
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
About The Role
This role sits at the heart of the production. Our client based near the heart of Birmingham are looking to hire x2 skilled Upholsterers to make upholstery products like Chair, Sofa, and footstool.
What You'll Be Doing
- Measuring and cutting leather or fabric with the aid of design stencils.
- Installing foam and batting to the furniture framework.
- Installing and repairing furniture webbing and seating springs.
- Stretching out and installing fabric or leather coverings.
- Stitching, glueing and nailing fabric into place.
- Smoothing out imperfections.
- Conducting quality checks on completed order.
- Completing orders to meet the deadline.
- Share ideas for more innovative upholstery development.
- Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials
- Assist Canvas and other production departments whenever required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven work experience as an Upholsterer.
- In-depth knowledge of modern upholstery techniques.
- The ability to visualize design ideas.
- Ability to work under production environment.
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects.
- Available to work in shifts, OT and weekend based on the requirements.
- 0800 – 1700 (Monday to Friday)
£10.00 plus (dependant on experience)
Interested? Then please call today asking for Chris on 0121 628 8000 alternatively email a copy of CV.
Benefits of working for The Best Connection:
- 28 days paid annual leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Weekly pay
- Pension contribution
- Optional accident insurance
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
Call Chris or Julia today on 0121 628 8000
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change