Job Reference: MATRUSS2
Higher pay rate is achieved by: After working 12 continuous weeks
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our client has vacancies for full time Machine Operatives at their site in Chatham, Kent.
Working a 07:00 till 16:00 Shift Monday to Friday at £10.50 per hour plus overtime available at a enhanced rate.
£11 per hour after 12 weeks work.
Your role will be to work in a team to produce large, timber engineered products to fulfil our customers' orders.
No experience is required, as full training will be provided, but there are some skills and attributes we are looking for in suitable candidates:
- Great communication skills
- Willing to learn
- Flexible to work in different areas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enjoy working within a team
- If you have a FLT licence, so much the better, although this is not a requirement
- Machine operating or timber manufacturing background
- Any CNC / Wood Machinist Experience preferred but not essential
What will I be doing in the role?
- Work from drawings to produce large timber roof trusses, floor cassettes and other timber products
- Organise cut timber efficiently to maintain production needs
- Learn to operate different power and hand tools to produce goods
- Work in a team to assemble large timber products, such as spandrel panels, roof trusses and floor cassettes.
- Operate machinery to ensure accuracy in production of products
***A full Health and Safety induction is provided as well as training on all machinery and tools***
Although initially a temporary contract, you will have the opportunity to become an employee of the company after 16 weeks.
Interested or to find out more call us or apply now!
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Training Provided
Call 01622 664999
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change