Job Reference: BU290719
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Referencable Work History or Experience
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our client is a leading 3PL. They are currently looking to recruit additional team members to support one of their operations in Burton on Trent. Candidates will need to be flexible regarding what days they are available as this a 24/7 operation. All hours will be worked on a night shift.
Previous transport supervising / planning / management is required.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Despatch & Debrief of drivers in accordance with company standards.
- Managing the night shunters and ensuring all local collections are made on time and in full.
- Liaising with customers and drivers over the telephone dealing with enquires, queries and supporting the drivers to maximise 100% service delivery.
- Dealing with breakdown in accordance with Fleet Management procedure.
- Dealing with transport issues effectively.
- Tracking vehicles to ensure vehicles arrive on time, follow correct routes and KPIs are updated daily and forwarded to our customers routinely.
- Manage warehouse operatives ensuring they report for duty on time and carry out their duties correctly and in accordance with the Operations Mangers requirements.
- Drawing up driver manifests prior to despatch ensuing all information is correctly displayed and drivers fully understand their duties in full.
- Reporting any problems / discrepancies drivers have are listened to and channelled to the correct department for rectification.
- Handing over a night report at the end of their shift addressing any issues and a full breakdown of the nights events.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Training Provided
Call Neil or David on 01283 545333