Job Reference: CH89-03-12
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection is a recruitment group that specialises in both the Industrial and Driving sectors. We have had 26 years of continuous success which has allowed us to work with some of the UK's biggest and best companies.
We are currently looking to recruit a Cleaning Team Leader for a company based within the Chesterfield area. They are looking to take on someone who is both reliable and hardworking.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
1. Manage and lead a team to ensure services are delivered professionally, effectively, are customer focused and achieve excellent value for money.
2. Manage the resources of the team including staff allocation, materials, equipment, transport and PPE within the allocated budget.
3. Make a proactive and positive contribution to the overall development, commercialisation and reputation of the service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a team to provide high quality, customer focused, effective and efficient services.
- Effectively manage staff demonstrating an open, inclusive and responsive style of leadership to develop a flexible and effective workforce.
- Hold regular and effective one to one meetings with each member of staff as well as an annual appraisal and six month review.
- Ensure effective communication is carried out within and between teams including at least monthly team meetings.
- Provide effective management of the resources of the service including staff, plant/equipment and materials.
- Support innovative approaches in the delivery of services for which they are responsible.
- Carry out the full range of operational duties required within the service
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place, and operational, to fulfil the authority’s responsibilities concerning health and safety. Support the effective investigation of any accidents and any recommendations for improvement.
- Respond to customer enquiries in a polite, timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the correct reporting and notification of work absences and hold review meetings in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Report any areas of work outside the normal areas of responsibility that will reduce hazards, improve the environment or efficient working methods.
- Ensure all relevant corporate policies and procedures, relating to the supervision of the team are implemented, including Equal Opportunities Policy and the Health and Safety Policy.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the grading of the post.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF POST
- You will be required to carry out these duties at various locations throughout the area.
- Hepatitis B inoculation required
ESSENTIAL - Demonstrable experience of:
- Working within cleaning services
- Working and complying with Health and Safety procedures within a multi-disciplinary workforce.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams to service standards within set timescales.
- Leading teams to meet service standards
- Hold or willing to obtain appropriate level management qualification within the apprenticeship framework
- N.V.Q Level 2 or equivalent.
- Full Driving Licence
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
For more information, please contact Freya/Kath on: 01246 209222