Job Reference: BUSER103
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection has grown to become a leader in delivering flexible workforce solutions to the UK’s industrial, construction, driving, retail and warehouse & distribution sectors. Our aim is to find the best job fit for candidates and our clients. We achieve this every day for thousands of people up and down the UK by painstakingly matching individual requirements to opportunities. If you are happy – so are we!
We are currently recruiting for the role of Returns Operative for our long-standing client in Barton under Needwood. They are a return to market specialist who are a division of the UK’s leading B2B consumer electronics repair and refurbishment service provider.
The company has continued to grow year on year and are now looking for more people to join their team. At their site in Barton under Needwood they are working on behalf of one of the biggest UK retail brands. They handle and manage their return products which include TV's, Tablets, Mobiles, Laptops and Bicycles. There are four main roles - Booking returned products onto the in-house system, testing products in line with the company standards, cleaning products and Packing items ready to be shipped.
The site has comfortable standard hours are 07:10 - 15:10, Monday to Friday. Due to COVID safeguarding start and finish times vary, you will be informed prior to your start. We are also able to offer hours to fit around those candidates who have parental commitments, these hours are 09:30 - 14:30, which includes a 30 minute unpaid break. The new pay rate of £10.00 per hour is effective from 01/11/2021.
What does the role involve?
- Be responsible for the test and repair to component level of several product types
- Achieve the set targets in all areas of work e.g. turnaround, productivity KPI's and customer expectations
- Be capable of working to local work instructions and writing local instructions for new products on BMS
- Update the BOSS repair tracking system and manufacturer sites with information on repairs as required
- Be responsible for agreed internal projects to help business needs
- Be familiar with and work to all their operational procedures as per ISO 9001
- Be aware of and work to all health and safety procedures and highlight any issues
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by a Team Leader or Manager
What do candidates need?
- Must have a responsible attitude towards the quality of their work, eliminating the need for any form of quality inspection
- To be able to work without constant supervision
- To be mature, self-motivated, innovative and analytical
- The ability to use and maintain tools
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills
- Be able to adhere to deadlines
- An understanding of the importance of data protection
- Testing and reassembling knowledge
- Ideal candidates will have previous experience, however full training will be provided.
- Are there any additional Benefits?
- Ongoing stable work with the possibility of the role becoming permanent role after a successful qualifying period.
- Overtime paid after standard hour’s worker, £13.33 per hour
- Award winning training developed by the dedicated training team.
- Safe, clean and tidy working environment
- Friendly and Supportive Management Team
- Discounted staff shop
- Paid doctor's appointments (3 occasions per 12 month period)
- Emergency holiday's (2 days per 12 month period)
- Designated consultant to your support in your new role.
- Free, onsite parking.
- Good local transport links.
- Subsidised Canteen providing full breakfast and lunch time menus
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
Call Svetlana for further details 01283 545333
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change