Job Reference: TMOCEANEXP
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Proven practical skills or on completion of a Skills Test
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client, a market leader in Ocean Export located in Tamworth, requires Ocean Export Coordinators. Duties include ensuring that the branch executes all Ocean export shipments effectively and efficiently to meet and exceed customer and companies expectations. Responsible for leading, managing and Co-ordinating an ocean export team to ensure that customer service excellence, efficiency, financial, quality and safety targets are met at all times.
Other duties include:
- Adhering to department plan that is communicated via the Ocean Team leader, and execute the strategies applicable to the ocean area
- Maintaining close working relationships with appointed carriers so that operational issues are identified and resolved with no customer impact. Advise the Ocean Team leader of any non conformances.
- Executing all ocean shipments and documentation with the highest level of accuracy at all times.
- Ensuring the business development team are provided with rate and service information that they require to gain new business for the Ocean team. Accompany members of the Business Development team on sales calls.
- Ensuring the operational systems are updated timely and administered in line with customer and company requirements
- Updating of tracking and tracing system is executed timely and accurately so customers can experience real time information
- Proactively contacting the customer with day to day shipment information/offloads/delays. Build network of relationships at the required levels within the customer’s organisation.
- Ensuring all regulatory changes to Dangerous Goods, Customs etc are understood and complied with.
- Monday to Friday
- 40 hours per week
- £11.50 - £12.98 per hour dependant on experience
- 60 minute lunch break
- Free onsite parking
- Canteen facilities
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)