Job Reference: BR200036
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Currently seeking Non Woven Machine Operators with for a Carpet Manufacturer in the Heckmondwike area.
Basic pay increases to £10.61 p/h after qualifying period
Responsibilities of the Machine Operative
- Will include operating a Carpet production machine
- Pick and pack products load/unload Carpets and the wrapping of the production lines
- Relevant training will be given if required to work in other areas of the production facility .
- Due to location / shifts worker may need their own transport.
Requirements of the Machine operative
- To apply basic mechanical knowledge to Non Woven machinery to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the machinery
To work flexibly and carry out additional duties as requested with your own department and others
- Must be able to work 6-2, 2-10 and nights rotating
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good accuracy and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to target.
- PC literate.
- Heavy lifting.
Previous experience in the carpet manufacturing industry would be an advantage including Carding and Cross Laping would be an advantage but not essential as full training fill be given
Overtime paid after 39hrs worked Mon-Fri
1&1/3 after 8hrs and 1&1/2 after 10hrs Mon to Fri
1&1/3 for the first 2 hours on a Saturday then 1 &1/2
Double Time Sunday
10% night shift premium paid
Basic pay will increase from £8.61 to £10.61 p/h after qualifying period
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above, or the appropriate National Minimum Wage (age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
For more information call Joe on 01274 729084