Job Reference: WB525
Location: West Bromwich
Contract Type: Temporary, Part time
COLD ROLLING OPERATIVE REQUIRED
The Best Connection are currently recruiting for Cold Rolling Operative to join my client who are a well established manufacturer within the Metal Roofing and Cladding industry based within the Sandwell area
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 years + experience working within a similar role and be fully capable in working under their own supervision.
Pay £9.25 Per Hour
Operating Cold Rolling machines.
- Sets up and operates rolling mill to flatten, temper, and reduce gauge of steel strip, following rolling orders and using measuring instruments: Reads rolling order to determine setup and work sequence.
- Calculates draft and roll speed for each mill stand to roll strip to specified dimensions and temper.
Turns controls to adjust roll speed, draft, and tension of strip between reels of coiling mechanism.
Installs guides, guards, and cooling equipment in stands, using hand tools.
Starts mill to roll test strip and adjusts roll screws, hydraulic sprays, and mill speeds
Moves controls to start production rolling of steel strip.
Examines steel for surface defects, such as cracks and scratches.
Directs other workers in changing rolls, operating mill equipment, removing coils, and banding and loading strip steel.
- Dealing with different types of steels.
- General housekeeping.
- Possible dispatch work.
- Any other general requirements as requested by manager.
Benefits of working for TBC:
- 28 Days paid holiday per year.
- Good rates of pay.
- Permanent positions available upon successful trial period.
- Pension scheme.
- Insurance for staff.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
call AJ, AM and Indy on 0121 553 7755