Job Reference: BSINDDW42
Higher pay rate is achieved by: After working 12 continuous weeks
Contract Type: Temporary, Part time
Our Client is the global leader in braking systems for both commercial road and all rail vehicles and offers a wide portfolio of innovative sub-systems for both road and rail vehicles, are currently looking for a Vehicle Kitting Assembly Operator to work in their Bristol Operation, This is a temporary position which could lead to a permanent role after successful completion of a probationary period.
This role is that of an assembly operator within the vehicle kitting team of 7 people. The team carry out work movement of parts, collate them and assemble by hand multiple fittings and connective components to build a brake system for a bus or trailer in its component “kit” form and pack this into a line side shipping (steel pallet/wooden shipping crate) unit by following a set plan of work.
The role involves working in a physical & light industrial environment (moderate lifting, work moving, and collating parts), using hand tools (spanners, wrenches, torque tools and setting pieces) and following pictorial assembly diagrams. The majority of the activity is centred on being stood at a workbench with movement close by to collect/pack parts.
As part of the team you will need to be able to be flexible in your tasks & work to support achieving the necessary output set by the team supervisor to meet customer needs, this includes working morning and evening overtime and Friday afternoon when customer needs dictate.
- Moving, lifting, collecting parts – light/moderate weights
- Assembling parts following pictorial assembly diagrams
- Packing parts into containers (pallets/shipping cases)
- Carrying out housekeeping activities
- Adherence to Company HSE rules & policies
- Ability to follow pictorial assembly diagrams
- Ability to read & write – all products & support documents have written information on them
- Competent with hand tools
- Reliable time keeping
- Able to follow instructions and simple team objectives and deadlines
- Be able & happy working in a team
- Flexible in approach to changing tasks
- Comfortable working on a mezzanine (elevated) floor
Hours of Work
- 07.00 to 16.00 Monday to Thursday and 07.00 to 12.30 Friday
- 30 minutes unpaid lunch break Monday to Thursday
- 39 hour working week
- 33 Days Paid Holiday per annum
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
Call the team on 01179 576999