Job Reference: B2180
Higher pay rate is achieved by: After working 12 continuous weeks
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Currently seeking a General Machinist for a UK leading manufacturer for high performance laminates, composites and engineering plastic in the Birmingham area.
Responsibilities of the General Machinist
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as grinding, sanding and sawing.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Supervise the machines while they execute tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Working Hours 7:30-16:30 Monday-Thursday 7:30-12:30 Friday
Requirements of the General Machinist
- Proven experience as a CNC operator
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling
- Good accuracy and organisational skills.
- Ability to work to target
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
Adam Potter 0121 628 8000