Job Reference: NGHOPSOP
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Shift Allowance
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection are currently recruiting for Logistics Operators to work for City Hospital, Nottingham. This is an excellent opportunity to work on behalf of the hospital with full training provided.
Pay: £7.83ph - £14.49ph. After 12 weeks £8.95 - £16.56
Hours: 0800 - 1400 Mon to Fri
Location: City Hospital, Nottingham
Duration: Ongoing, Temp to Perm Opportunities
Accessible via car, bus tram
Duties of Logistics Operators:
- The postholder will be responsible for ensuring all the hospitals entrances are kept clean and free from debris, including the removal of all types of waste materials ie., cardboard, glass, clinical and confidential waste, and sharps.
- To uphold patient confidentiality at all times, as the post holder will be responsible for the movement of all patient notes across site, as well as the delivery of Trust mail to all wards and departments for Trust business including patients own personal mail.
- Respond to all out of hours requests from Medical Equipment Library for the delivery and
collection of all medical equipment including beds and mattresses to all wards and departments.
- The post holder will be expected to assist with the deliveries of patients meal trolleys including
bread and milk deliveries, and other stores deliveries across the Trust including adhoc linen
requests and the collection of dirty instruments from wards and departments which need to be
returned to Sterile Services for re-issue.
- Collect soiled linen from all wards and departments and deliver to the designated storage areas
for later collection by Transport.
- Collect clean linen from the designated storage areas and deliver to all wards and departments
including the emergency adhoc linen requests. Put all items in the linen cupboards in a neat and
- Undertake specific site cleaning both internally and externally as directed by the Team Leaders,
wearing appropriate protective equipment where necessary.
- Clear all corridors, wards and departments of empty cardboard boxes, glass, sharps, clinical,
domestic and food waste, and place in the designated containers.
Collect confidential waste as required by each ward and department, place bags in a stillage and
take to central stores for later collection by Transport.
Benefits of working for The Best Connection as a Logistics Operators:
- On-going Assignments
- Holiday Entitlement
- Excellent Pay rates
- On-Line Payslips
- Pension Provision
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
Call Dave or Sam on 01159 585880