Job Reference: CL180307
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
An amazing opportunity has arisen with one of our renowned clients, who are one of the leading distributors of large goods based in Carlisle, Cumbria.
- £8.75 Monday to Friday
- 40+ hours per week
- Deliveries of large goods
As a van driver you will be out on the road in a 7.5 tonne vehicle, delivering multiple deliveries and installing them into the customers’ homes. You will be part of a two person delivery team sharing the work load between each other. You will be required to follow company policy and procedures to ensure a high level of safety at all times. This role is a physically demanding role, which requires lots of heavy lifting. You must be able to assist in the installation of all products, so previous experience in installation of furniture would be essential. There is no set number of drops as every day is different.
Duties will involve;
- Loading and Unloading of heavy goods
- Customer care and interaction
- Navigation skills
- Documentation management
- Installation of furniture products
APPLICANTS MUST: hold valid C1 Entitlement and a CPC.
We also require you to:
- Have a positive attitude
- Be enthusiastic and reliable
- Be flexible to work any hours and days
The Best Connection specialises in flexible workforce solutions to the industrial, driving, retail, warehouse & distribution, food and healthcare sectors throughout the UK
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C1
- Overtime Available
- Own transport required
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
For further information please conatct Brogan or Aidan on 01228 590690, or send you CV to email@example.com.