Job Reference: NE13030944
Salary: £8.50-12.75 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection are currently seeking a Class C HGV Driver to fill a position in Gateshead for a well known local haulage firm. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class C HGV Licence. Previous experience is beneficial however is not essential, newly passed drivers are welcome to apply.
The role involves Class C multi-drop delivery of pallet network items throughout the North of England, with the number of drops varying day to day. Start times and number of shifts may vary each week (anything from 1 to 5 days each week) and candidates must be comfortable with early morning starts and possible short notice early morning ad-hoc bookings on a day to day basis, as much notice as possible will be given in these cases.
Responsibilities of the Class C HGV Driver
- Operate a Classs C vehicle both locally and regionally, making deliveries, collections, etc.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls are in proper working order. Reporting any safety issues on company defect reports.
- Ensuring your vehicle is properly cleaned out and prepared for the following day regardless of if you are using it again or someone else.
- Adhering to an assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely, interacting with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all tasks are carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the company to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required health & safety policies and procedures required by each site you are operating on.
Requirements of the Class C HGV Driver
- Valid Class C Driver (HGV) licence
- Valid CPC card & Digital tachograph card
- Must have a clean licence (max 6 points, no DD/DR endorsements)
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class C HGV Driver
The salary for this position is £8.50 hourly, rising to £12.75 hourly (time and a half after 8 hours worked), with a minumum of 8 hours per day paid.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
Please contact Dylan McDermott or Jake Mottram on 01912302007 for more information or send a CV to email@example.com