Job Reference: WK140319A
Higher pay rate is achieved by: See below for details
Contract Type: Temporary, Full or Part time
The Best Connection are currently seeking Class 1 HGV Drivers to fill a number of positions in Tadcaster. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class 1 HGV Licence and must have HGV Class 1 driving experience. Ongoing long-term or part-time trunking work for one of the world's largest brewery groups. Full-time and part-time (odd days/nights) hours are available to suit.
Hours of work are approx. 12 hour shifts, Mon-Fri days 0600 starts, or Sun-Thurs nights 1800 starts. Bank holiday working is paid at a premium rate.
Guaranteed pay of 10 hours each shift, time and a half after 10 hours and all Saturday, double time on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
LTD drivers are welcome and will be paid at an enhanced rate. We also welcome part time drivers.
Responsibilities of the Class 1 HGV Driver;
- Operate an LGV C+E vehicle to local areas, making deliveries, product pick up, etc.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Class 1 HGV Driver
- Class 1 Driver (HGV)
- Class 1 driver experience
- Max 9 endorsement points on licence + digital tacho card and DQC.
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class 1 HGV Driver
The hourly rate for this position is up to £10.50 / 11.50 hourly, days / nights
The Best Connection Group Limited was formed in 1991.The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which it specialises in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sector.
On -going assignment
Personal accident insurance
Limited company drivers are welcome
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Weekend Work
01924 363 944 Call for more information