Job Reference: WB518
Location: Cradley Heath
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Overtime
Contract Type: Temporary, Part time
The Best Connection is currently seeking a Class 1 hgv Driver to fill a position in Dudley . The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class 1 HGV Licence and must have HGV Class 1 driving experience.
Responsibilities of the Class 1 HGV Driver
- To drive various types of vehicles, bulk tippers / Curtainsider / Ro Ro's, working predominately days , will also need to be flexible to cover weekends and pm shifts to cover holidays for colleagues for premium rates.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Class 1 HGV Driver
- Relatability flexibility and Honesty
- Class 1 Driver (HGV)
- Class 1 driver experience
- Upto 6 points For minor offences
- Verifiable references
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday pay
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Shift Premiums
- Weekend Work
Call Malcolm /Noel on 01215537755