Job Reference: CVRLTUFF
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Signing up to an approved Umbrella Company
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
We are currently seeking HGV C+E ( Class 1 ) Drivers to fill positions in Nuneaton.
The successful candidates will possess a current and valid Class 1 HGV Licence
Paying £13.50 per hour PAYE and £16.50 per hour via an Umbrella company
Responsibilities of the HGV Driver:
Driving between 38tonne and 44 tonne vehicles to local areas, making deliveries, product pick up, etc.
Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
Duties to include collections and deliveries to local and nationwide clients.
Trunking to RDC's nationally.
A small percentage of draw bar work (Wagon and Drag ).
Some possibilities of shunting around the yard using a tractor unit.
From time to time you may be required to drive a vehicle of less than 38tonnes of which you will be paid a class 1 rate.
Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Benefits for the driver
- Possible permanent position for the right candidate
- Regular weekly pay
- Earn up to £16.50 per hour
Requirements of the HGV driver
- Current and valid driving licence
- Current and valid Drivers card
- Current and valid CPC card
- No more than 6 points (minor offences)
- Some driving experience on class 1 vehicles
- Verifiable references
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above, or the appropriate National Minimum Wage (age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
Driving team 02476228040 or text (class 2 ) on 07976602796 and 1 of the team will contact you.
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change