Job Reference: CWGMO1
Higher pay rate is achieved by: After working 12 continuous weeks
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
The Best Connection are looking for an experienced Grounds Maintenance Worker to work for one of our specialist clients. You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for leading an operative to ensure best performance & quality of workmanship on all ground’s maintenance works from start to finish on site.
- Delivering a high quality of workmanship coving all aspects of Grounds Maintenance on sites (Grass Cutting, Hedge Cutting, Weed Control, Pruning, Litter collection etc).
- Ensure that your partner is briefed daily on their tasks and that they each have the necessary tools, equipment, and PPE to perform the tasks in accordance with company procedures and Health and Safety guidelines.
- Working with the Operations Manager to programme works in accordance with the contract specification to ensure customer requirements are always fulfilled.
- Provide a responsive and professional service to customers, dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating immediately to the office as appropriate.
- Carrying out all works in accordance with company Health, Safety & Environmental policies & procedures; as well as contract-specific Job Sheets, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Proactively participate in and encourage Near Miss and accident reporting by colleagues to promote continuous improvement in health and safety performance and help to pre-empt the circumstances and practices under which injuries might be sustained in future.
- Carry out all duties in a manner and style that reflects the businesses values and respects all employees and customers.
- Good working knowledge of Grounds Maintenance and industry experience.
- Full Driving Licence.
- B+E Trailer Licence
- PA1 & PA6 Spraying qualifications.
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop a career in the horticultural industry.
- Be commercially aware with total commitment to customer service and development
- Proven experience of implementing monitoring systems to ensure team tasks completed to agreed standard and within timescales.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively leading and managing teams.
- Dynamic, results-driven, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels
- Health and Safety Training
- Proficient IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite), as well as effective smartphone user.
- Proven experience of working within a contracting environment.
- Previous management / supervisory experience.
- Proven experience of working with the relevant customer group.
Monday to Friday 07:30am - 14:30pm. 40 hours weekly - £10.20 hourly rate (increasing to £10.80 after 12 weeks)
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
Call Ollie on 01293 515333
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change