Job Reference: BU80509
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our client is a privately owned industrial group which designs and manufactures equipment and provides services for high technology markets including the aerospace, defence nuclear and rail sectors. They are currently recruiting for a Stores Operative.
Duties will involve Goods-in, dispatch, stock count, VMI replenishment and picking and loading plus general stores operations support.
Responsibilities of Stores Operative will be;
- Reporting to the Stores Team Leader you will be working within a small team
- Flexible attitude to ensure that the overall smooth operation is carried out with the maximum efficiency within the busy VMI Stores department
- Liaison with the Team Leader within this department will be essential to ensure all stock/warehouse processes and procedures are followed
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required to successfully carry out the role, it will involve liaising with departments at all levels
Requirements of Stores Operative;
- Operating a variety of Fork Lift trucks, a valid 3t counterbalance licence is essential, training will be provided for other MHE as required
- Previous experience of picking within a fast moving Stores environment
- Basic IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, training will be provided for In-house software
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting demands
This role will become permanent following a successful qualifying period.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
Call Danny on 01283 545333