Job Reference: EBFCTNHS11
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
At the Best Connection we are a specialist supplier of temporary and permanent labour.
Please be aware that this work is AGENCY WORK. You will be required to register in our office in Eastbourne, and then we can communicate over the phone when work is available. You will also be required to provide Right to Work in UK documents, if you are unable to do this please do not apply.
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Supervisor for our client. This position is for the NHS, working at multiple sites.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Supervise the provision of comprehensive and efficient cleaning services to all Trust units with NHS cleaning standards.
- Undertake day to day management of a team of domestic assistants.
- Manage facilities services and provision of cook chill food, patient good and inpatient units supplies and managing stock control.
- Responsible for stock control of cleaning materials and ensuring equipment is regularly maintained and replaced as needed.
- Process timesheets, using e-roster for the recording of all staff returns, stores orders and other work records.
- Undertake regular audits of work and audit results.
- Preparing for a regularly changing planned activities due to staff shortages, requests from nursing staff, and other disciplines.
- Dealing with staff issues in compassionate ways, such as distressing and emotional circumstances e.g. death on wards, attempted suicides.
- Deals with verbally aggressive clients, de escalating the situation where possible and being exposed to unpleasant working conditions.
- Keeps accurate and complete records consistently to ensure compliance with legislation, policy and procedure.
- Ensure all staff are working to comply with National cleaning standards.
- Carry out regular documented supervisions with individual staff members, and complete annual appraisals of staff.
- Communicate regularly through meetings with teams.
- Promote equality, diversity and rights by maintaining positive working relationships.
Requirements of the role:
- Be able to work in a busy environment.
- Good accuracy and organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Formal supervisory training, experience or equivalent experience to NVQ Level 3.
- Great attitude and willingness to undergo training as needed.
- Knowledge of a range of Trust policies and management procedures
- Previous knowledge of supervising a team.
- Previous work with the general public
- Work within mental health, preferred.
- Understanding of mental health.
- Able to communicate on all levels with patients & staff.
- MUST be able to deal with distressing situations and emotional circumstances.
In order to be able to do this job, you MUST be able to work the following hours: Monday to Friday, 06:00 - 13:30, and 12:30 - 20:00. The rate of pay will be £8.90 per hour.
Please be aware that due to the high volume of CVs that we receive every day, we aren’t always able to contact everyone straight away. Please allow up to 10 working days for a response, and if we have not contacted you in this time frame, then unfortunately you have not been successful.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Own transport required
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Training Provided
Call Harry or Lilly 01323 887 111