Job Reference: SLEADM
Higher pay rate is achieved by: See below for details
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
The Best Connection are looking on behalf of a specialist surfacing company for their very busy office. The role is for an estimating administrator. The role is based Monday to Friday working 0800 - 1600 with an hours lunch break. The salary is £21,000 - £22,000 per annum (dependent upon experience).
The primary role of the Estimating Administrator is to assist and help organise the administration
activities in their busy office, working within their estimating departments you will get the chance to
learn all the necessary skills to be a successful estimator.
You will need to have achieved GCSEs in English and Maths, grade C or higher desired, and have
excellent IT skills and be willing to develop these skills. A successful applicant will be required to
have a developing understanding of business matters and bring theoretical learning from the
classroom to the workplace.
You will need to be very well organised, have good communication skills (both verbal and written),
self-motivated and diligent in your approach to tasks, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create quotations on bespoke database and administer in accordance with the system
- Assist with completion of tender schedules
- Assist with compilation of tender questionnaires
- Maintain log of enquiries
- Liaison with customers and clients and to ensure we receive the correct information.
- Send supporting information to customers
- Complete credit checks on new customers
- Follow up previous quotations for feedback
- Convert successful estimates into Job pack to pass to contracting department.
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times inside and outside of the business
- Attend and take part in any relevant team meetings & regular reviews with your line manager/mentor.
- To adhere to local and national Health & Safety regulations and the company’s Policies and
- Any other duties as required and appropriate to the job role.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Training Provided
Please call the Industrial Team on 01753 526 006