Job Reference: SOHAZE11
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Shift Allowance
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection are looking currently looking for an experienced Domestic Housekeeping Super advisor to be responsible for a small team of housekeeping staff over 2 wards! SO14/SO16
You will work with the minimum of supervision under the guidance of the FM Support Services Manager following well established operating procedures but demonstrate the ability to use own initiative. Supervise and co-ordinate a small team of housekeeping staff, use initiative to determine the need to feed back problems to Manager.
- Working positively with colleagues to maintain effective relationships.
- Allocation of duties and deployment of all housekeeping staff within his/her team.
- Implement policies for own work area and proposes changes.
- Responsible for stock e.g. locked food store/cleaning stores.
- Ensure all staff matters relating to his/her team are conveyed to the
- Manager when appropriate, making sure that inappropriate discussions are discouraged at all times and that the confidentiality policies are adhered.
- To liaise with the nurse in charge of his/her ward on a daily basis and ensure that menus are completed in a timely fashion. Liaise with the
- Catering Department ensuring that patients’ dietary needs are met and the correct amount of food has been ordered.
- Monitor housekeeping standards within their area to ensure they are acceptable at all times, reporting any problems back to his/her team, the
- Manager and the nurse in charge of the ward when appropriate.
- Accompany manager on C4C audit checks ensuring that all failings are dealt with promptly; complete monthly Housekeeping audits on all wards, and findings sent to Manager.
- To be aware of and implement the health and safety at work policy, infection control policy and fire precautions and procedures.
- Ensure that all staff within his/her team are trained to do all tasks.
- Ensure that all staff within his/her team are wearing the uniform provided, Monitor annual leave, ensuring that there are adequate staffing levels on their area at all times, being mindful of agency /bank hours being uses all extra hours to be agreed with Manager.
- In person explain to patient/client or patients/clients’ relatives any enquiries they may have in connection with housekeeping procedures.
- Instruct all new members of staff in all aspects of the job, including infection control procedures, fire procedure, manual handling, colour coding of cleaning equipment and correct use of equipment.
- Inform/negotiate/ advise/liaise/check with clinical staff areas that require, necessity of cleaning, the possibility of infections, to avoid cross infections/contamination/necessity of ventilation and adapt work schedule around clinical staff/patient needs.
- Liaise with colleagues and prioritise work schedule/plan in accordance with ward conditions/clinical/patient needs. Complete team rosters well ahead of time for up to 6 – 12 weeks in advance in readiness for E- rostering.
- Whilst going about duties ensure all plants and flowers are attended to as necessary.
- Use judgement skills to determine the urgency of duties having the ability to instantaneously prioritise.
- Follow the principles of generic working which involves working in a limited capacity across the other disciplines within Facilities Management if required, performing duties which fall within the grading of the post.
This is an ongoing booking for the foreseeable with potential to be taken on as a permanent member for the right person.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
Please apply for this role through Indeed, or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org