Job Reference: SOHGFISFHG
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Working Bank Holidays
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Class 2 Refuse Drivers
The Best Connection have had an increasing number of vacancy’s come in and are looking for multiple class 2 refuse drivers to collect waste from commercial, and residential areas starting from Totton.
- To operate an HGV2 vehicle, collecting waste in and around Fareham.
- Performing pre and post vehicle checks in accordance with company policy and reporting any defects found.
- Drivers would need to walk up to 3 miles per day which is included within the driving role.
- Drivers must work well within a team.
- Following all company safety policies and procedures.
- All drivers must be able to work as a loader if needed; this can include 8 – 10 miles of walking per shift due to the nature of the work.
- Clean licence is desired.
- Previous HGV2 experience desired but not essential. New pass drivers will be accepted.
- Lifting will be required to assist loaders when not driving.
- Full CPC.
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- PPE Required. Hi Vis vest and safety boots.
- Would need to have own transport or live local to Fareham as site does not have local commuter links.
- Drivers would need to be able to start from 06.00
The Pay rate is £10.75 for PAYE, Bank Holiday £21.00
If you wish to apply for this job role or have any questions please email or call us.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Digi-Card Required
- Licence - Category C
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Training Provided
- Weekend Work
Call Lee on 02380 333 188 or email email@example.com