Job Reference: POWASTEBIF
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
We are currently advertising for a HGV2/ LGV2 Refuse driver for work in and arround the Portsmouth area.
- To operate an HGV2 vehicle, collecting waste in and around Portsmouth
- Performing pre and post vehicle checks in accordance with company policy and reporting any defects found.
- Drivers would need to walk up to 3 miles per day which is included within the driving role.
- Drivers must work well within a team.
- Following all company safety policies and procedures.
- All drivers must be able to work as a loader if needed; this can include 8 – 10 miles of walking per shift due to the nature of the work.
- Clean licence is desired.
- Previous HGV2 experience desired but not essential. New pass drivers will be accepted.
- Lifting will be required to assist loaders when not driving.
- Full CPC.
- Good knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- PPE Required. Hi Vis vest and safety boots.
- Would need to have own transport or live local to Fareham as site does not have local commuter links.
- Would need to be able to start from 06.00
The pay rate for this job is £10.36ph PAYE. Ltd or Umbrella contract drivers will be paid £11.36ph. Before placement, drivers will be expected to complete a paid induction day so they are aware of health and safety procedures. The start time is 05.30 – finish Monday – Friday.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C
- Overtime Available
- Own transport required
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Shift Premiums
- Training Provided
Call James or Taylor on 02392 864411 for additional information