Job Reference: CH29-09-34
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection is a recruitment group that specialises in both the Industrial and Driving sectors. We have has 26 years continued success which has allowed us to work with some of the UK's biggest and best companies.
We are currently looking to recruit a Building Cleaning Officer for a company based within the Chesterfield based area. The client is looking to take on someone who is both reliable and hardworking.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
1. To ensure Building Cleaning services are commercially operated, customer focused and achieves excellent value for money.
2. To manage operations in a manner that effectively fulfils the organisations responsibilities concerning health and safety, emergency planning and response to incidents.
3. To manage and develop staff in accordance with the organisations values and procedures.
4. To make a proactive and positive contribution to the overall development, commercialisation and reputation of the service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customer focused, effective and efficient provision of building cleaning
- Carry out inspections, surveys and provide technical support and advice in relation to Building Cleaning matters.
- Liaison with the Section Manager in relation to routine maintenance activities and service developments.
- Identifying and seeking external funding to improve provision of these services and seek opportunities to provide additional commercially viable services to local authority or private sector clients.
- Undertake monitoring and provide regular feedback to the section Manager regarding service outcomes and the financial performance of the division and any other relevant issues; taking action to remedy problems or identify opportunities as appropriate.
- Keeping, maintaining and collating records and statistical data in relation to service monitoring and development.
- Keep abreast of best practice in other organisations and ensure that this is incorporated into service development; develop and deliver innovative approaches to operations where appropriate.
- Effectively lead and manage the staff, demonstrating an open and responsive style of leadership which includes appraising and developing of team leaders.
- Liaison with senior colleagues and representatives of outside organisations, as required.
- Development of administration systems to effectively support all services.
- Management of operations in a manner that fulfils the organisations responsibilities concerning health and safety, emergency planning and response to incidents.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the organisations Diversity and Equal Opportunities policies and practices and take a proactive role in their development and implementation.
- Ensure adherence to the organisations policies, financial regulations, scheme of delegation and other
- Departmental and Corporate procedures and instructions.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the grading of the post.
- Any other duties which are equal/similar to your current grade and responsibility level.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF POST:
- You must be able to be contacted in the event of an emergency and respond accordingly.
- Due to the nature of the work you will be expected to deliver cleaning materials, consumables and equipment to locations if required.
- You may be required to carry out those duties at any of the organisations sites.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
For more information, please contact Freya/Kath on: 01246 209222