Job Reference: TABR45
Salary: £8.75-13.33 per hour
Higher pay rate is achieved by: See below for details
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
Our technology industry client, based within walking distance of Taunton town centre, requires Brake Press Operators / Sheet metal workers for an immediate start. Initially paying £8.75 p/h with this increasing to £10 p/h (with overtime £13.33 p/h after 40 hours) after working 12 continuous weeks. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 07:00 – 16:15 and Friday 07:00-12:30. This client provide excellent long term opportunities with the possibility of a permanent opportunity following a successful trial period. Overtime before 12 weeks paid at £11.37 after 40 hours per week.
Main duties include:
- Perform setup and complete production schedules by following directions on the press brake programs.
- Operate press brake to add bends, pem insertion machines to add pem fasteners to Sheet metal parts, mask and/or unmask Sheet metal parts, load and/or unload Sheet metal parts.
- Operate the punch under direction.
- Follow instructions assigned by the supervisor, engineers &managers.
- Accurately report production information to supervisors and managers.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Troubleshoot defective processes.
- Assist in identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support ISO Quality System, Quality Policy and Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Safety hazard identification and elimination.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Other duties as requested.
Our client offers:
- Free car parking
- Excellent break room facilities
- Smoking area
Other benefits of working for The Best Connection Group Limited include:
- Ongoing assignments
- Choice of long term, short term and odd days or weekends available
- Flexible shift patterns
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Online payslips
- Weekly pay
- Pension contribution