Job Reference: LP180711
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Contract Type: Temporary, Part time
The Best Connection have opportunities to Sterile Service Technicians within the Knowsley area.
Job role will include:
- To ensure the effective preparation of sterile consumables (dressings, linen, instruments and equipment) by the process of cleaning, inspection assembly and packing within predefined quality standards
- To rigorously check, wash, lay-up and pack sets of theatre instruments to meet contract specifications within predefined quality standards
- To ensure that repairs and missing instruments or equipment are recorded and logged on the Tracking and Traceability computer system
- the post requires manual dexterity and the ability to use complex equipment for example, this role involves disassembly, inspection, decontamination, packaging and sterilisation of surgical instrumentation to predetermined standards.The decontamination and sterilisation processes are carried out using complex processing units
- To undertake daily testing of Autoclaves and washers/disinfectors and related equipment.
- To undertake any other duties or tasks as reasonably required.
The appropriate Health and Safety training will be provided for on site. You must have NVQ/TVQ Level 2 in Decontamination or at least have equivalent experience (must have physical evidence to prove this).
Working hours may vary depending on what the role will entail. however hours tend to stick to a pattern of 08:00 - 18:00 or 08:00 - 20:00
Canteen and facilities are provided for on site. This job role is not for everyone so please ensure you have the right experience and attitude towards working this kind of role.
This role is particularly good for anyone who has come straight out of university looking to get some experience or for anyone who has just finished their NVQ in Decontamination Level 2.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
Please call Chris on 0151 236 9086