Job Reference: CHGM-H0-44
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Shift Allowance
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
We at The Best Connection are recruiting for a Bandsaw Operator. Our client is based in the Chesterfield area and supply the automotive industries.
This is a temporary to permanent position and is paying £11.30 an hour for the right individual.
Hours: Monday – Friday 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 (Nights may be required|)
Main duty and responsibility will be to operate a band saw and cut a variety of steel. You must be able to read drawings, cut steel to precise measurements, operate a counterbalance forklift truck (licence essential). Overhead crane certificate would be an advantage.
For this position, you MUST have previous experience using a Bandsaw.
- Read and interpret work orders.
- Process sheets to determine requirements Set-up.
- Adjust and operate a band saw to the sizes and lengths to cut the steel into the required lengths.
- Notify managements of any errors on the Machine
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance on machinery and other machinery tools.
- Forklift work will be required (experience/licence required)
- Overhead crane experience needed
This position will suit an organised individual, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to lift heavy parts is required, alongside having excellent mathematics skill.
We can offer you the following:
- Weekly pay
- Immediate start
- Possible permanent work
- Holiday pay
- Contribution to pension.
If this position is of interest to you then please apply today!
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
Call Kath 01246 209222