Job Reference: CR002AE
Higher pay rate is achieved by: Referenceable Work History or Experience
Contract Type: Temporary, Full time
The Best Connection are currently recruiting for an Assembler / Depot Operative on behalf of one of our well-known clients in the Congleton area. Our client specalises in the manufacturing and installation of street furniture.
This role is split role where you will be working approximately 75% of your time in the workshop, assembling stainless steel components and 25% of your time carrying out general yard duties, taking deliveries of steel and glass.
For this role you must hold a valid RTITIB / ITSSAR FLT License and a full clean manual UK driving license
Daily duties will include:
- Assembling stainless steel components
- Receiving deliveries and place into storage
- Assisting with deliveries / collections
- Waste management
- Supporting with tidying / cleaning of commercial vehicles as necessary
- Loading and unloading vehicles using an FLT
- Use of FLT to transport steel and glass around the workplace.
- Responsibility for security of items outdoors
- Keeping outdoor compound and workshop area clean and tidy
- Adhering to all health and safety policies in line with company legislation
Any experience working with stainless steel is desirable but not essential.
Any experience in a workshop environment is desirable but not essential.
The working hours for this role are Monday-Friday 7am-4:30pm
The hourly rate for this position is £10.90-£11.90, depending on experience.
This job is available with an immediate start, with perm job opportunities available after working a qualifying period.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Ongoing Assignment
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change