Job Reference: CWGWAP
Higher pay rate is achieved by: After working 12 continuous weeks
Contract Type: Temporary, Full or Part time
The Best Connection Crawley are currently seeking numerous Airside Warehouse Operatives for our prestigious client based at London Gatwick Airport. They are a leading, global, reputable cargo and parcel distribution company, who require workers to help assist in their busy warehouse as they come into a peak period.
Responsibilities of the Terminal Operatives, will include but not be limited to:
- Delivering goods from the loading bay to the retailers at the airport.
- Delivering goods to retailers and restaurants using rolling cages, pallet trucks etc.
- Continuous heavy lifting loading and unloading stock.
- Working in cold areas
- Rotating stock around the warehouse utilising moving equipment including manual pump trucks and powered pump trucks.
- Completion of paperwork and general warehouse duties as required.
- Maintain general security of warehouse in accordance with Company Security procedures and undertake security screening to meet CAA regulations
- Maintain a safe working environment and observe safe working practices
Shifts: 4 on 4 off rotation; working typically 0400-1600.
Must be happy to work hours between 0400 – 2200, including weekends and bank holidays
- Must be willing to work in a physically demanding environment which will involve a lot of walking
- Be able to provide a 5 year employment history
- Undertake a Drug and Alcohol test as part of the pre induction screening
- Willing to undertake a counter terrorism check
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role we will be undertaking a full five-year reference history as well as applying for a Basic DBS and Criminal record check. Any applicants with non - UK based references will require the appropriate DBS check + translation of documents.
Any gaps in employment must be accounted for.
An overseas criminal record check will be required for any period of over 6 month in countries outside the UK.
If you are looking for a new role, to work within a global company, please get in touch and apply today!
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
All vacancies are available and correct at the time of posting. Some details may be subject to change